VAST (Visual Arts as Sources for Teaching)The 2020 VAST seminar has been canceled. To find out when the application process for the 2021 seminar begins, please sign up for our School and Teacher Programs e-newsletter. What is VAST?
Pre-K–12 teachers, immerse yourselves in the museum’s collections and explore art as a classroom resource during this weeklong seminar. Reinvigorate your creative spirit, connect with colleagues, and refresh your classroom teaching with new ideas. In this seminar, enjoy:
- Creative warm-up activities
- Presentations by museum staff and guest scholars
- Gallery sessions with museum educators
- Hands-on workshops
- Field trips
- 2019: Insider | Outsider: Building Inclusive, Classrooms, Museums, and Cultures
- 2018: Art as the Spark for Socially Engaged Teaching and Learning
- 2017: Driving Creativity: Developing Original Ideas
- 2016: Unlocking Creativity
- 2015: Art at the Center of Interdisciplinary Teaching
Professional Development & Academic CreditsRegister for this seminar and earn 30 Act 48 or NJ professional development hours or 2 graduate credits (for additional tuition paid to the University of the Arts).
Stay in TouchSign up for our School and Teacher Programs e-newsletter to learn about all our offerings for educators.
SponsorsVAST is a Dolfinger-McMahon and Christian R. and Mary F. Lindback Foundation Teacher Education Program.
For more information, please contact The Division of Education by phone at 215-684-7580 or by e-mail at .